Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Another Birthday - One page Scrapbook Layout

How is it the middle of September??? Of course, my favorite month and season is suddenly upon us, and seems like it is slipping away too quickly. 

Yesterday was my birthday! Yikes! Those keep rolling like a slot machine, but I'm so grateful for each day and year the Lord gives me. We celebrated by eating Mexican together, followed by cake and ice cream at our house. Our big kids and their wives were tossing the football in the yard. It touched my heart to see them having fun together. It was my favorite part of the day! Our 9 year old grandson is building some great skills at throwing and catching the football too. You should have seen the smile on his face!

In honor of my birthday, I'm posting a layout from a few years back. Why do I scrapbook my own birthday? Well, because some day, these photos might mean something to the generations to come. I hope they do, but if they don't....I still had fun scrapping and preserving them. These pics are from my birthday 3 years ago. 

Peanut butter pie is one of my favorite desserts. Actually, anything with that combo is probably on my faves list. We had homemade ice cream to go with! Also... note that pictures of people blowing out their candles are rarely very flattering. :)
The paper is from Glitz Design along with several miscellaneous vintage looking scraps from my scrap stash. Peep the owl!! I've been crushing on owls ever since my now 11 year old granddaughter's nursery had an owl theme. So cute!

Well my birthday is a wrap and it's back to the grind of normal life, without all the spoiling. Enjoy the cooler weather, and break out your booties, sweaters, and pumpkin spice. Fall is here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment