Monday, December 16, 2013

Two Page Layout - "Cookie Monsters"

Whether you are a snow lover or not, there is something about the crisp, clean snow covered landscape that is absolutely beautiful! We got about 6" here in northeast Indiana. It's still very clean and piled up in the streets of our neighborhood since they've been busy plowing the main roads. It certainly hasn't stopped us from being out and about. The Hubs and I have been running around town finishing up our Christmas list. I think we are almost done. =)

It's time to share some Christmas layouts from last year that I have been saving for you! Making the traditional Christmas cookies is usually part of our celebration. In fact, sometimes we make them for Valentines Day, and just because. It's always a little messy, but tons of fun. My youngest son, who lives at home when he's not away at college, still likes to get into the fun.
 The Jillibean Soup patterned paper makes a nice background for all of the colors in the cookies. I can't get enough patterned paper! I cut a large bracket map with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge using blue Bazzill cardstock and sliced off a thin portion for the left page, and used the remainder on the right page. The glitter snowflake stickers are from BoBunny and the alpha stickers are Basic Grey.
 I added a length of olive ribbon from American Crafts and a cute brown reindeer cut with the Winter Woodland Cricut cartridge. I added a little blue pearl as an eye for the reindeer, and more glittery snowflake stickers.
 Here are both pages together displaying a total of 7 photos, complete with journaling. I didn't make a note of the journaling tag brand, but I believe it is Basic Grey's Aspen Frost.
Now that Jacob is home on winter break, I'm hoping we can take some time to make some of these yummy cookies! I love all of our Christmas traditions!!

I hope you are beginning to enjoy this season of Christmas, and all of the fun family times that come your way! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

No comments:

Post a Comment