Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Two Page Layout - "Noel"

Our sweet granddaughter is so precious! This layout is from her first Christmas last year. She brings us so much joy and fun! She's just one more reminder of how blessed we are! These photos were taken at our Christmas Eve service last year. I just love her beautiful, silky, red ruffled dress!
 I was inspired by a sketch I found on Basic Grey's site by sketchsavvy.blogspot.com. I cut a little bit off the outside edges of the neutral cardstock, so the red cardstock would frame it all the way around. The four outside corners on the neutral layer are clipped with a corner rounder. I cut a very basic triangle shaped Christmas tree with my Cricut and punched holes in it to see through to the layer underneath, in order to make it look like the tree in the background of the photo.
 I cut layers of horizontal banners to go across the bottom and added some miscellaneous Christmas washi tape across the bottom edge of the journaling tag. The paper is from The Paper Company, Deja Views, and Authentique. The title font is Cricut's Plantin Schoolbook. I used burgundy ink to tint some plain kraft snowflakes that I had in my stash and added some rhinestones. The wood ornament was saved from a Christmas card I received in the mail. I strung Baker's twine through the hole of the ornament and attached it to the page with staples.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

No comments:

Post a Comment