Thursday, August 22, 2013

Two page layout - "Birthday Wishes"

Happy Birthday to my awesome kiddos!! My boys share the same birthday TODAY! Joel turns 23 years and Jacob is 21. Everybody always asks me how I managed to have my sons on the same day, two years apart. I have absolutely no idea, but it was apparently God's plan that Joel receive a special little bundle on his 2nd birthday. Somebody he would always love and have as brother and friend.  We are so proud of our kids and the strong, faithful young men they have become. They have truly blessed our lives.

Today is the perfect day to share the layout of last year's birthday celebration. Since they are used to celebrating together, we've started a tradition of celebrating with Jacob at BSU on their special day. I'd rather we were all at our home for the occasion, but we try to stay flexible and do whatever works best for the whole family. Muncie is just an hour away, and the cake will travel. :)

Pink Paisley "Indigo Bleu" was the perfect set for the occasion. The banner on the left is a layer of washi tape, and a banner made with flowers and circles. I realize the page is all about the boys, but I think the flowers are still appropriate.
 Here's a closer shot of the banner.
 They opened their presents together and Jacob got to cuddle his niece for a little while. He really misses her when he's away at school. So thankful he's not too far away for a visit now and then. The title is cut with Cricut's "Birthday Bash" cartridge and dry embossed with a chevron design (Lifestyle Crafts). The yellow Washi helps highlight the title.
 I used StampinUp's "Details" for the journaling lines on the right. I poked two holes on each side of the family shot so I could wrap and tie it with hemp. This helps to tie in the texture from the banner and highlights the family pose.
This crazy bunch certainly has my heart! I love them so much. Family is the best blessing ever!! It's fun to watch them grow up and start their own families. The best thing about boys is they bring amazing young women (wives and granddaughters) into your life. This year we will celebrate together on Saturday to accommodate Joel's work schedule, but we'll Skype tonight. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment