Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pop Up Owl 1st Birthday Card and Altered Frame

Our grandbaby turned 1 year-old in April!! Can't believe how quickly time flies, even with grandchildren. Of course, I made her a card to celebrate!! Her nursery has an owl theme, complete with a tree mural hand painted by her Daddy (my oldest son). It's really not my fault that I have become a bit obsessed with owls!

Who doesn't love a pop-up card, especially with an owl? :) Here's the front.
Here's the inside, complete with baby girl owl and scalloped oval banner.
 If you've never made a pop-up card, it's really not hard. You'll have to check out a few of the tutorials  like this one. I didn't take pictures of each step, but basically you cut two matching slits in the fold of the inner card layer (brighter pink) for each item you want to pop up.
 You can see the slits between the owls feet. The section of card between the slits is folded towards you (the opposite of the fold in the card) which creates a stand for this baby owl.  It's really as simple as that. I used stickers for the sentiment. I used pink glitter cardstock for the "1st".

Her birthday party theme was Minnie Mouse and there were lots of polka dots and zebra prints! So much fun! I can't remember where I got this frame, but I decided to add a few pretty flowers and we used it at the party with a cute baby picture of our birthday girl, Scarlet Rose.
 The flowers were made with my three SU scalloped circle punches and brads. Super easy. I crumpled the paper to give them more texture.
 Three simple flowers added a lot of pizazz to this frame.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment