Thursday, August 30, 2012

Easy masculine birthday cards & Just Because

Making cards is always a quick, crafty fix for me. I can get out just enough of my "stuff" to be dangerous without making too much of a mess!

My boys celebrated their 22nd and 20th birthdays last week. I enjoy making cards for them, because they are so special to me. I know that guys don't always appreciate handmade cards, and they may not keep them for very long, but that's okay with me. My cards are an expression of my love. Making them + giving them = JOY for me.

The Dude card was fun and easy. I cut out the surfboards from some paper in my stash. The embossing folder is T. Holtz. I went over it lightly with yellow stamp pad. The sand layers were hand cut and distress inked along the edges. The birthday sentiment is StampinUp.

As you can see I use this T. Holtz embossing folder a lot, because it's got that great distressing. Perfect for a grungy guy look. The bike and sentiment are SU. The balloons were hand cut...This would have been a great time for some tiny punches. =) Imagine...something that I don't have? I did try something new here. Instead of stamping my map (Glitz) on green paper, I used StazOn ink to stamp the map, and then lightly went over the whole map with a light green ink. Easy...not sure why I haven't done that before.

 This super easy card is for my Momma. I had some new photos to send to her and needed a card to go along with. Super easy...5 minutes. Pretty self explanatory. The felt flower is left over from baby shower decorations. I like the texture and the simplicity of this. She'll love it...Especially when she sees the beautiful pics of her Great-Grandaughter inside. =)

Looking forward to a nice 3 day weekend!! Hope yours is delightful! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

1 comment:

  1. Julie, thanks for the link to your blog . . . your guy cards are very unique and clever. And yes, I understand your addiction to T. Holtz; he has fabulous products. If I let him, he could break me! Stamp on! ~Pat

    ReplyDelete