Monday, August 20, 2012

Two Summer Layouts - "South Haven" and "Enjoy"

Oh man, I could handle weather in the 70's for the next four months or so. It's breezy and beautiful! Where is the hammock?

I have a couple more Lake Michigan getaway layouts to share with you today. My youngest boy is back at college, and I'm missing him already. He's the good looking one in these layouts.

 Lovin the red white and blue distressed nautical look to this layout.
 I used my Fiskars postage stamp border punch around the edge. The banner is from Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. It punches the holes and everything. That makes it really easy to string it up with baker's twine. If you are looking for an excellent jam-packed cartridge that you will use all the time...Art Philosophy (from Close to My Heart) is it!! I use it every time I scrap.
The stamped tags are StampinUp! I love the distressed, nautical look when stamped in this pretty blue.

This paper was pretty fitting for the pictures we took on the boardwalk at Pentwater. I grouped my pictures in the center of the two page layout so the design on the paper remained visible. There were several cute little gears, tags and stamps on the paper for me to journal on. The August 12 tag is from Close to My Heart. I also added several red circular stamps on the layout to bring some red over from the the right side of the layout.

This paper already had the red distressing on it. I added some more random red stamps and sentiments around the pictures. When I'm at a loss for a title, I turn to Cricut's Graphically Speaking cartridge. There are so many great options to choose from.
 Here are the pages side-by-side. I love it when I can find papers from two different brands that work together. =)
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment