Monday, September 10, 2012

Two page layouts - "Dorm Sweet Home" and "Tigers Baseball"

It's days like today that make me love the fall so much. It's cool and breezy and I'd like nothing better than to stretch out in a hammock.

My son is back at college, and I'm missing him already. This seems like the perfect time to share a layout of him in his dorm last fall.



The paper is from Teen Angst paper stack. I used the Fiskars notebook border bunch and zigzag ribbon. I love the hand-shaped paper clip giving a thumbs up to his dorm room. This was such an emotional day for us. He's only an hour a way, but when they're not in their bed at night, they seem so far!

I really miss his gentle happy spirit. Both our boys have the ability to light up the room. We've been so blessed to be given the opportunity to raise them. Jacob is our youngest...Makes for an empty-feeling in the house.

We had the opportunity to take in a Tiger baseball game in July. Yep, I scrapped it already (patting myself on the back). Right in the middle of our hot, muggy, almost unbearable summer was this perfect night for a baseball game...Seriously, the weather was in the lower 70's with a nice breeze. I was so excited not to be cooking in the sun.

The best part was they played great and won. This was one of the first games in the series and very exciting to watch...that is coming from somebody who is not a fan of baseball. =) I actually find it kind of boring to watch, but this game was so enjoyable! 

I prettied up the baseball theme with a scalloped oval punch border. The word baseball was cut with Cricut's "Sports Mania" cartridge. The 3D looking stars are from Art Philosophy. I acutally remembered to work the ticket stubs into the design this time. I played with the grid a little bit to get as many pictures in as possible. It's a good thing my camera ran out of battery or I might have had to do a second two pager...lol.

Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment