Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Baby Boy card

Hello! I haven't posted all week, and here it is Wednesday.

Some friends at our church had a baby boy recently, so I thought a cute card was definitely in order. I spotted this card sketch challenge at Paper Secrets. I knew I had to try it with my SU owl stamp and matching punch. I've had these for several months now, and just recently used it for the first time!!! It's so cute.... and now I can't put it down. =)


The blue cardstock is dry embossed with a swiss dot folder. The striped paper has been hanging around in my scrap stash. I stamped the Stampin'Up! owl in Close to My Heart cranberry. I love SU punches and matching stamps! It's so easy and fast to create a card this way. I used another SU punch for the scalloped circle and popped it up with foam adhesive. The baker's twine was cut at about 10" and folded in half, attaching the folded part of the floss on the adhesive behind the blue cardstock. I brought the two ends around and under the owl and tied it at the top. Easy Peasy!! It took me about 20 minutes. Unfortunately, it probably took me 45 to get all my stupplies out and put them back away. =( Some day I'll have a more convenient place to craft.

Thanks for stopping by today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment