Monday, May 2, 2011

Birthday cards to share today

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. A few weeks ago I was able to get inspired to make a few birthday cards for friends and family. I thought I would share those with you today on this rainy Monday in Fort Wayne.

The dry embossing folder is Tim Holtz. I inked over the pale aqua paper with a couple different shades of ink to really bring out the texture of the dry embossing. The heart stamp is SU. I spritzed it to give it a frosty shine which is a little hard to see here. Then, added a couple of tiny pearls here and there.

This card is the same Tim Holtz embossing distress folder with the same inking method. However, I added a little bit of VersaMark here and there and sprinkled on some bronze embossing powder so it would cling and used the heat gun. The bird (SU) is also heat embossed with the bronze powder. I trimmed around it and popped it up. Using the same ribbon and papers, helped me speed up the process a little. I can sometimes get slowed down in the process of choosing the paper. When I find something that works together well, I try to at least use the remainder of the paper and make up another card while I've got it out.

This last one is my favorite. My nephew had a birthday, and I thought it would be nice to come up with a "guy" card for him. The emobssing folder is from Tim Holtz. I've been dying to use this folder for a few monthsand hadn't come up with anything until now. I was pretty excited with the way it turned out. The sunburst look is pretty trendy right now. I've noticed it in a lot of advertisements and brochures. I tend to see a scrapbook page or card in almost everything I see...Guess that's where I draw my inspiration. The patterned paper is theTeen Angst collection. Just  a little corner of it to grunge it up a little. The silver metallic dots helped finish it off nicely. Hope he liked it!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a lovely evening!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your cards! Especially the one for your nephew. Keep going, Girl! You're really making some great cards lately!

    ReplyDelete