Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Spare Me" - Birthday bowling

Happy Wednesday! I pray that all of you are safe after the voilent storms moving through the southern states. It's been raining most of the week here, with a few shots of sunshine to soak up and be thankful for.

Wanted to hop on and share a bowling layout with you today. I used to be on a bowling league in my early 20's. That was quite awhile ago. Back in the day, I used to be an okay bowler, but I certainly didn't stick with it. When Mark's family came in to town for his surprise birthday party in January, we all went bowling together the next day. What a hoot! None of us were very good at it, but it didn't matter. We just wanted to have fun together. I secretly pre-arranged for Mark and I to get the day off from work. Our oldest son Joel did the same. What a great way to play hookie, right?

The diecuts are from Cricut's Nifty Fifties cartridge which gave me the idea to give the whole layout a retro feel. Lots of really fun stuff on that cart. I think you'll like it even if you're not as O.L.D. as I am. Inking the edges of the bowling pin really made it stand out. The title is also from the same cartridge. Isn't it fun? I used the shadow feature to help it pop off the page.

All the circles help repeat the bowling ball theme....smiley face and peace sign patterned papers, circular journalling spots, the border between the pictures, and don't forget the buttons!!  I used a lot of wallet size pictures in order to get a shot of everybody throwing it down the alley.

I hope this inspires you to try a retro layout or maybe go bowling some time just for fun with the family. Be sure to take your camera. Everybody loves to see pictures of their backsides, right? LOL!  

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment