Monday, April 25, 2011

"Partners in Crime" surprise birthday layout

If you celebrate Easter, I hope that all of you had a blessed holiday! We spent the first part of the weekend helping to clean out my parent's condo so that we can get it sold quickly! We'll see how that works, but it seems to have improved the overall "feel" of the space without spending much money or time. It was a LOT of work and my body quckly reminded me of that today when I got out of bed...LOL. No fun getting old. My parents have been such a blessing in our lives! In spite of the work, I was very happy to help in this way. After a 3 hour drive home, we flopped into bed Saturday night  (actually early Sunday morning) and got up early for Easter services. We had a fabulous day with our kids! We are so blessed!

Today, I'm sharing another 50th birthday layout from my husband's surprise party. These are just casual snapshots of the crowd of wonderful friends and family who came to join in the surprise celebration.

I borrowed the sketch from Cheri O'Neil of Let's Scrap. I added my own second page, mirroring the left side. Basically it's an informal collage anchored with a horizontal strip of paper and photo corners. The candle paper is super colorful. I found it on sale at Hobby Lobby. The honeycomb patterned paper is Basic Grey. The cardstock is The Paper Company "Buttercup". I hand stitched a little zig zag in the uper left with black embroidery floss. The title was cut with Nate's ABC Cricut cartridge. The photo corners are stickers made by Sassafras. I inked the edges with red, so they'd stand out a little more.

The paper strip draws the eye over to the second page. I set part of the title on it's side just for fun and the word CRIME was cut with Font 1 of Nate's ABC's. The simple collage layout is perfect for our informal and fun evening.
 

I soooooooo wish I had my own crafty space! It was so sad to pack up all of my goodies and clear the dining room for family's Easter celebration. =( I don't think I can play with them again until Saturday!! I'm going to a crop day for NSB at a friend's house. I plan to get caught up on my son, Jacob's, photo album since he's graduating from high school next month! I think I have 5 or 6 more two-page layouts for him and it'll be ready for the open house. Thankfully, I've kept up with it over the past few years.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Enjoy your evening!






2 comments:

  1. Great Layout!!! I love the title and might have to steal this one. TFS

    ReplyDelete