Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"Celebrate 50" Birthday layout

Happy Thursday to all of you. Is anybody seeing signs of warm weather in the midwest? I would just love to see the sun for awhile. I know it's coming soon, but I'm getting impatient.

Here's a layout of pictures taken on New Year's Day. Get this.... we were celebrating Christmas with Mark's family, it was New Years Day, and if that wasn't enough, we threw in a 50th birthday celebration for Mark. Little did he know at this time, that we were also planning a surprise party for him at our house for the actual day of his birthday on January 13!!! I love planning surprises.

This is such a great sketch from Scrapbooks, Etc.  I love the circles! I love the bright, crazy colors together on white. The circles seem to float off the page. It' especially funny that you can see the Christmas tree in the background. I had a little bit of a struggle cropping my pictures just the right way to fit in the circle perfectly, but it was worth the effort. You might be able to see the journalling around the big purple circle and around some of the smaller circles.

The right side shows our silly nephew and one of his crazy faces and more journalling around the circles.  For the bottom right circle, I held a circle in place and journalled around it, then removed the cirlce for a different effect. I stitched on a few buttons just for fun.
Hope this insprires you to try out a layout of circles sometime. It was tricky, but I love the way it turned out. It would be easy enough to add more circular pictures in place of the patterned paper circles.

Thanks for looking! Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment