Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Senior Smiles" layout #2

Happy weekend!! I hope the sun is shining in your part of the world today!

Today, I want to share another senior picture layout with you. This layout will go in the ever-growing family album. I used to only work on albums for each of the boys and occasional travel albums. Lately, I've been starting to work my way back in time and scrap all the important stuff for a family album. You know....it will replace all of those plastic pocket-type albums that I used back in the day when I just didn't have the time to scrap very creatively.

Again, lots of pictures on here and I placed them around the outside of the paper in order to frame the title. I just kept moving the pictures around for the most pleasing effect. The paper is BoBunny Mama Razi collection.
Left side:

I didn't take as much time with this layout as compared to the layout shown earlier in the week. I simply cut the SR with my diecutting machine, ran the letters through my crimper, inked the edges, and wrapped it with the knit yarn which echoes Jacob's hat.
 

Here's the right side of the layout. I matted some pics to allow them to jump off the page, and just let the others blend into the pictures next to them or into the background. It's a pretty simple collage style layout, but I like the way it turned out. No journalling, no embellies, just my handsome kiddo. =) 

Any ideas out there on great embellishment ideas for pages like this featuring strapping young men? I'd love to hear your ideas for future layouts where I actually have the space for embellies. =)

I mentioned it in the first layout, but will mention it again here. Jacob's senior photos were taken by Erin Photography out of Decatur, IN. She did an awesome job. We were all thrilled with the way she captured the many "faces" of Jacob. He's such a great kid. We're truly blessed.

Have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by my blog. My goal is to make some cards this weekend. There are several birthdays coming up within my family and circle of friends. I'd also like to make some Easter cards for the family. It's good to have goals, right? We'll see what happens!


No comments:

Post a Comment