Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"Senior Smiles" layout #1

I'll take a little break from the birthday layouts and share some special layouts of my son, Jacob. Erin Hoffman of Erin's Photography in Decatur, Indiana, shot the pictures and I want to give her all the credit for the totally awesome photographs you see here! Jacob was pretty excited to get his senior pictures done and he had a lot of great locations picked out here in Fort Wayne.

This first layout is for his photo album. I used a Creative Keepsakes sketch. I love that it allowed for so many pictures, because I had such a hard time deciding which ones to use!

Here's a close up of the corrugated alpha. I wrapped some knit fiber around it because it reminded me of the knit hat that he was wearing. I inked around the edges of the letter for definition. The BoBunny background paper was already distressed and perfect for Jacob's personality. Not that he is distressed or anything, LOL but he loves the grungy look. =)

Right side: 

Check out the distressing I did on the title consisting of dry embossing, inking, and heat embossing on Kraft paper, cut with my Cricut. The idea for this technique belongs to Angie Leach. You can check out the examples and directions here on her Too Cool Stamping blog.

Here's another angle. It's a little hard to capture with my camera.

Here's the whole layout. You can double click any of these pictures if you want to enlarge them.

I finished another layout of his senior pics for the family album which I will post at a later date.
Have a wonderfully scrappy week. Hope that you are able to enjoy the sunshine that Fort Wayne is enjoying today. Spring may be here...at least for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment