Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Big News - One Page Newspaper Clipping Layout

 Does anybody still get the newspaper? Probably not many get it every day, if at all, anymore. I know we don't. It was a hard sell to my husband to cancel the subscription, but he finally realized he didn't really have the time to read it. 

Back in 2017, our then 4 year old granddaughter made the newspaper!!! It was pretty exciting, of course! This was actually the second time she made the newspaper. She's that awesome!

I wanted to preserve the article for future generations to see, but it was hard to come up with an idea of how to best use it in a my scrapbook album, but I thought this turned out cute. Maybe this will give you an idea, just in case you still have any old newspaper articles waiting to be scrapped. 

This layout was created quite awhile ago. My creative skills have improved since then, but bare with me as I post an oldy but a goody!

Isn't she just adorable?!? The joy on her face makes me smile. And...who wouldn't love to have some of this 76 degree weather right now??

The heart patterned paper made a good backdrop for the article. I matted the article twice, and lined it up with some striped ribbon, and a strip of washi tape below. The puffy clouds were inked around the edges and added above, because that's where clouds belong. 😂 The ribbon flower was purchased by the yard and cut apart for a birthday banner that I made for the same sweet baby girl. I added a few quote strips, pennants, and strips of paper, and boom...this BIG news article was preserved for future generations.

Hope this inspires you to do something crafty with your old news clippings! Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment