Thursday, June 3, 2021

Cherish Every Sunset - Two Page Lake Michigan Scrapbook Layout

 Happy Summer! I think everybody is ready to get out and GO!! Somewhere...Anywhere! These pictures remind me of the absolute beauty of our country. We'll be heading up to Lake Michigan next month, and I can't wait!! Until then, I will enjoy reliving these family memories from a few years back. 

Holland, MI is one of our favorite Lake Michigan towns. We were amazed by the sunsets we saw during this trip. My husband  captured this sunburst picture as we were making our way into the tunnel at Tunnel Park just as the sun was going down.

The paper is from a vintage summer stack that I've had on hand for awhile. I love this paper stack. The colors are perfect for the lake, beach, sunsets, etc. The orange patterned washi helped the orange in the sunset to really pop off the page and the light aqua striped washi adds another layer of texture. I used a StampinUp! journaling stamp to  frame my journaling, and matted it twice. The final touch on this page is the silhouette of the beach grass on each lower corner. The idea came to me from the photos themselves, and I love how it turned out. It also gave me the perfect place to add the date with a white Jelly Roll pen. I designed and created the title in Cricut's Design Space. 
In my opinion, a sunset just doesn't get any better than this. I guess a few clouds scattered about might have added to the skyline, but Lake Michigan will always be one of the best places to say goodbye to a beautiful day.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Hope you are having an enjoyably productive week!



No comments:

Post a Comment