Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Sunset Smiles - Two Page Lake Michigan Scrapbook Layout

 Hello friends! I hope your week is off to a great start! I'm absorbing the sunshine through the window today as I work from home for the week. 

Today, I'm sharing another layout from one of our recent trips to Lake Michigan for a quick family getaway. It was only for a long weekend, but it was so much fun and these photos bring all the great memories back to me.

First let's talk about this fun font with the vintage vibe!!👀 It certainly wouldn't work on every layout, but I love the way this title shines for this particular distressed paper and layout. It's one of the Designers Calendar fonts in Cricut's Design Space. I don't remember the name of this paper stack, but I can look it up for whoever wants to know. I love to design titles mixing fonts and layering with images. It's my favorite! I'm probably in the wrong profession since I work at an insurance company by day. 😂 This is why I love scrapbooking as my creative outlet on the evenings and weekends. 
This is my husband's siblings and our oldest son and his family. I love them all!! Wish the entire family could have been there for this impromptu photo shoot, but we grabbed the opportunity for those of us who were there. 

I cut the sun with my Cricut and let it peek out like it's setting behind the photos. I matted all the photos with a thin white border like I normally do and used two different Washi tapes vertically to offset the horizontal nature of the photos and layout. 
Ninety-five percent of my layouts are two pagers. They are my favorite because I can add more pictures and there is just more space visually for design. I always add some of the same types of embellishments, colors, and other elements on both sides for balance and flow. For this one I added one of the washi's on the right in a different direction and then scattered sea gull silhouettes across both pages.
This layout is 2 and a half years old. Had I done it today, I would have written out my journaling with the Cricut. It's an obsession now. But I still love the vibe of this layout. I hope that you do too!

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment