Monday, May 17, 2021

LOVE (Michigan) - Two Page Scrapbook Layout

 Here's a bright and fun layout to share from a recent trip to Lake Michigan...one of our all time favorite places for a quick getaway.

This one started with some pictures of blue sky water, and a couple of goofie selfies. The white cardstock sets off the bright patterns and colors. I didn't matt the photos which is unusual for me, but I liked the way they popped off the paper without the matting. The teal geometric was from my stash of scraps and the bright zig zag lines of washi adds to the fun.
I added some black silhouettes of sailboats and had fun with the title. I used some brightly colored scrap cardstock to match the Washi and cardstock, then cut a silhouette of Michigan to replace the "O". Cute? I love the way it turned out, especially the title.
My Cricut is such a great tool for titles, embellishments and even journaling. I hardly ever buy stickers anymore unless they are part of a pack of designer paper. I also used a StampinUp border around the journalling and then matted in a bright pink. My kids would vouch for the fact that Cricut journalling in just about any font is so much easier to read then my own writing. I still add my own handwriting at times, because some day they'll miss my chicken scratching. 😁

Hope this bright layout inspires you in some way! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.






No comments:

Post a Comment