Sunday, May 3, 2020

Owl birthday cards

I've been making a lot of birthday cards lately, so I thought I would share a few! I'm not a huge fan of coloring in stamps, nor am I very good at it. However, I'm not too proud to share them anyway. Where are my owl fans?? Anybody?
 I made the purple card for a friend whose daughter was having a Quarantine birthday and was asking for cards to make it a special day. The pink one below is for my sweet 8 year old granddaughter! She asked me some questions and wanted to know how I made it. She's a crafty little one, and I can't wait until we can spend some quality time creating together.
As mentioned above, I'm really kind of bad (inexperienced) at coloring stamps. I used Stazon for the stamp outline and a blending pen with SU ink to color the owls. For some reason, the pink owl turned out a little splotchy in the middle, but it's okay. She loved it and that is the main thing. I did the purple one second and that one turned out a little better. I used some patterned paper scraps down the center of the card, cut out the owls and popped them up with adhesive foam, and added the sentiment banners below.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Hope you enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment