Saturday, November 17, 2018

Two Page Layout - "Tomorrow will be..."

Last fall was a very bittersweet time for our family. The bitter....My Mom was in the end stages of her battle with Parkinson's disease. What a horrible thing to watch your Mom just waste away. It's a very slow and painful process to watch. She didn't seem to be in pain, thankfully! The sweet...my son was getting married to his forever love and we were all super excited and blessed for her to join our family.

The hardest part was that these two major life events collided in one weekend. My Mom passed away on Friday October 13, the day before my son's wedding. My brother called to give me the word as we were pulling into the venue for the rehearsal dinner that we were in charge of. Well, you can imagine the rush of emotions and anxiety knowing that I had to pull myself together in order to be ready for the rehearsal dinner guests.
 Some how, by God's grace, we pulled it off. The venue looked cute and the food was yummy, and really that's all anybody cares about anyway, right? I was riding on my happy emotions and was able to let joy rule the day and the rest of the weekend.
 As happy as I was/am for these kids of mine, I knew we were becoming empty nesters. I was experiencing the feeling of being parentless and childless all at the same time! My kids and all of the family visiting for the wedding helped me push on through the sadness.
 The wedding was beautiful! I'm working on their album now and will start sharing those layouts soon. I do love this layout, but it still brings tears to my eyes as I remember the roller coaster of emotions that were going on inside of me that weekend and for weeks afterwards. I really didn't have much time to actually grieve. Remember...we were building a home, getting ready to sell our home, pack all of our belongings, and move at the end of the year. I was literally too busy to think about my emotions for very long.
Yes, there was loss, but I also gained a daughter-in-love who is beautiful inside and out! Yes, my youngest son left the nest, but they are very happy together and a Mama can't hold on to her babies forever. That's the way God intended it to be. There have been many changes for my husband and I since last fall, but we are so very happy in our new home and enjoying all of the settling in and decorating.

Whew...longer and more emotional post than normal, but thanks for reading. Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment