Saturday, February 4, 2017

Two Page Scrapbook Layout - "LaJolla"

Here's another layout from our 2015 trip to beautiful, sunny California. Looking at these pictures makes me long for sunny warm weather!
 LaJolla is a beautiful little seaside town that we consider to be a "must see" if you are near the San Diego area. There are some great shops and eateries in town, a pretty beach, and sea lions to watch on the rocks below.
The paper is Kaiser Kraft's "Sea Breeze Collection" and the fence is cut from narrow strips of Close to My Heart woodgrain paper. The fence was a little time consuming, but I love the way it turned out. I laid down a length of hemp cord (Hemptique) and glued the strips of paper on top of it to hold the hemp in place, creating the look of a distressed beach fence.
 The banner is punched with StampinUp's bitty banner punch. I used a small hole punch along the top and wove white string through it to create the banner.
 The title font and seagulls are from Cricut's Life is a Beach, and the grass along the fence is Wild Card.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I have one more California layout to share in the next few days, and I think the show and tell from that trip will be done. Time to go back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment