Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Two 2 Page Layouts - "Birthday Bash" and "Family Ties"

Here's another birthday layout of my boys from August 2013. Keep in mind there are two birthday boys here, so I think I'm completely justified in scrapping three layouts of this joyous event. :) The other two are in the previous post.
 These pictures are all about the cake and the gifts (and Scarlet) from two different celebrations. The first celebration was on their birthday with my oldest son and his family at our house, and the other in one of the study rooms at BSU.
 The paper is My Minds Eye "20th Street Market" and Jen Wilson's "Breaking Free". The paper banner across the top is Basic Grey "Knee High and Bow Ties"...perfectly appropriate for two grown men, right?
 The top layer of the tag was dry embossed and then chalked. The Birthday Bash title is cut with Cricut's "Birthday Bash".
I'm more than a year behind in posting layouts. These have been scrapped for months, but it takes me awhile to get them posted. Hopefully you share my opinion that it's never too late to share an idea.

This layout is from an early 80th birthday celebration with extended family for my sweet Momma. Her equally sweet sisters came from all over the country to celebrate this momentous occasion.
My Mom has Parkinson's, so if she doesn't look real perky here, you will understand that she was pretty worn out from all the excitement. I have loved seeing pictures through the years with her and her three sisters together. They are all such beautiful women, inside and out.
There are a ton of pictures (11 to be exact) and I struggled to get them all on and still have it look decent. It's probably too many, but they are all such precious memories. The bows were added to "tie" it all together with the title.
The SU patterned paper bows were Pinterest inspired and punched with an oval punch, then folded and notched to look like a bow.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. Have a productive day!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment