Friday, January 3, 2014

Double Scrapbook Layout - " Life's Moments"

Happy New Year!! Here's hoping that your 2014 will be filled with more joy than sadness, and more blessings than your heart can hold. We're expecting our second grandbaby in April, and can hardly wait to meet this bouncing baby boy. It's so exciting that we will have another generation to carry on our family name. We're also thrilled for our son and daughter-in-law to be blessed with both a girl and a boy in their family. We had great fun raising two boys, and I always wondered what it would have been like to have a girl. Having a granddaughter to fuss over and spoil has been such a treat for us!

Have you started working on any of your Christmas photos yet? I'm hoping to start working on mine this weekend. Maybe this layout from Christmas 2012 will inspire you in some way. I am honestly not a huge fan of scrapbooking Christmas photos. They tend to look similar year after year. But, last year I actually completed several festive layouts, and was happy with each of them. I find that it's more appealing now that our family is growing and changing again each year with grandbabies and grandnephews. =)

 These pictures were taken with my hubby's side of the family in Michigan. Mark's nephew and niece-in-law have a toddler, and our granddaughter was about 8 months old at that time. Oh what fun!!! I adore the picture of my granddaughter (bottom right) as she spots her face in the mirror on the toy! She couldn't stop squealing and smiling at herself! The patterned papers are Basic Grey's Aspen Frost. The "moments" part of the title is cut with Cricut's Graphically Speaking cartridge. This is my "go to" cartridge when I can't think of a creative title. The word "LIFE'S" was cut with Nate's ABC's cartridge.
The Stampin Up five petal flower punch makes a cute, quick Christmas flower, especially with two layers of red cardstock. The red ribbon is from Michael's. The snowflake border sticker (Aspen Frost) was sliced in half lengthwise for twice the yardage. The decorative label punch comes in handy for journaling.
 What do you think of my tree? This was cut with Art Philosophy. The swirls are cut into the top layer, so the bottom layer shows through. The swirls were to cute to waste so I cut it into pieces and layered them under the punched flowers. I distressed the top layer with ink and used multi-colored pearls from Me & My Big Ideas, then topped it with a snowflake sticker.

I am a huge fan of using wallet prints on my pages! They help to add some variety to a collage. You can even cut them into squares. There are 11 pictures on this layout!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'm super excited to be scrapping Friday and Saturday! It's been a few months since the last time. Hopefully it won't take me too long to get back in the groove!!

Have a productive and fun weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment