Sunday, November 24, 2013

Altered Guest Book

My husband's sister and brother-in-law celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary in July! What a milestone!! They had a big party in their back yard. I offered my help, of course, and she asked me to decorate a guest book for her, to make some tags for the food, and a few decorations.

I bought a plain white guestbook at Hobby Lobby. First I covered the inside flaps of the book with matching red paper. I stamped it all over with watermark ink in a vintage floral pattern. Sorry, I didn't take a picture of the inside.
I attached some adhesive backed burlap ribbon all the way around the front flap. The ready made flower came from Meijers and I added a corner of burlap behind it as I attached it. The square brad was lurking in my stash and looked nice on top of a small square of fringed burlap. The white scrappers floss tied in a bow with multiple loops, attaches a decorative key.
 
The place cards were made with Stampin Up's Cherry Cobbler paper and ink. I used Close to My Heart's "Frame it Up" stamp set which coordinates with Cricut's Art Philosophy cutting cartridge. This was such an easy project!
I also made a few tags for her wedding party. She wrote each of their names on the tags, along with their role in the wedding, and attached it to their bouquets. These were made with two different SU punches, and then hole punched.
Last but not least, I made a few decorations with cupcake liners, Styrofoam balls, straight pins, and a glue gun.

 
Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a productive weekend.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment