Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Double layout - Snow Fun

Thanks so much to somebody on the Google forum who answered my question on my issues with uploading pictures. Turns out it is a known issue that they are fixing...Until then, there is a work around!! YAY! What a huge help! Thank you Google person!!

Yes, my Christmas decorations are still up. Anybody else??? Maybe I'm the last one in all the land? I hope not. We do love Christmas at our house, we get busy, and well it just takes us awhile. Since the snow all melted away, the reality of all the decorations hanging around is starting to get to me. Maybe this weekend....but no guarantees.

In honor of our melted snow, I'm posting a snowy layout from last winter with our dog, Riley. He is such a good boy. We think he's very handsome too. =) That was his first winter. He's from a dog racing track in Alabama, but he obviously adores the snow!!

I had "snow" much fun with this layout. First of all the paper is a from the We R Memory Keepers, Teen Angst collection. I can't get enough of the grungy, inked- up look. I added nothing to the paper. The snowflakes are texture embossed with a snowflake folder, and swiss dots. I love the texture it added. The centers of the snowflakes are popped with foam adhesive squares.
 

I used two different strips of paper under the picture grid. The top one is red paper strip punched with a scalloped border punch. I wadded it all up in my hand, and then flattened it out and used it for my journalling. The bottom strip was fringed with my Martha Stewart scissors. I cut the long strip into small 2" pieces and then placed them at random so they look uneven at the bottom. I'm not sure what possessed me to do this, but I like the way it came out. I like it with the slightly misaligned picture grid.


Have a great week, everyone! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

No comments:

Post a Comment