Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"Greyhound Spring Fling" scrapbook layout and "Riley" layout published

Our greyhound, Riley, is suddenly afraid of thunderstorms. Everybody in my family loves storms. Sometimes, we actually sit out on our porch and watch them. Why would the dog be afraid? I thought fear was learned from their humans, but apparently not. Today's storm was fairly mild with just a little thunder, lightning, and RAIN (finally). A few weeks back we had a wicked crazy storm with 90 mph gusts of wind and total blackness in the afternoon. Riley was home alone and it's possible that storm was crazy enough to really freak him out. I was at work, and it freaked me out more than a little. That was the first time I was worried about being sucked up into a tornado and it left us without power for three and a half days!

On the subject of greyhounds, this layout is of the Greyhound Spring Fling event in May in SW Michigan. It was our first time going to this event since we just adopted Riley last August. He didn't really care too much about meeting the other 4 legged skinny greyhound friends, but we enjoyed ourselves.

The absolute best part of our day was meeting Riley's sister!! They sniffed each other, and there was a little eskimo kiss (upper right picture) with their noses that said it all....LOL. Honestly, he just treated her like every other dog. I guess I expected endless tail-wagging, licking, and tears, but there was none of that. =) My husband kinda likes our pup...Can't you tell?

The cute doggy paper is from We R Memory Keepers "Friends Furever". The left side page was already divided off into patchwork squares so I used the upper left square for my title ("Jubilee" cartridge). I matted each picture in white to set it off from the patterned background. The flower is made with Stampin Up punches and a ltitle heart brad, and the leaves are cut with "Art Philosophy" Cricut cartridge.
Rather than adding a journalling block, I drew lines to the left and journalled there. The dogs pictured above are just some of the greyhounds that were there. It was a hot day and they were all pretty lazy with a few racing around the exercise area.


Big News:  I was super excited to hear that another one of my layouts was published in Scrapstreet Magazine's, July issue!!!! Check it out here. It just so happens that Riley is the star of that layout as well. It's the layout at the bottom of the page...The dog with the long skinny nose and soulful eyes. =)

Have a great week!! Hope you get to do something scrappy. =) I'm getting really antsy to scrap or do something crafty. How did I ever survive before I started scrapbooking and what did I do with my time?

No comments:

Post a Comment