Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Double layout "Dream Rides"

Hello! Have you seen the great contest over at Page Maps blog? Check out all of those sweet embellishments we can win!!! I decided to do a layout based on the sketch and give it a try.

Here's the sketch they provided.
 

I made mine into a 2 page layout...that's just how I roll.
The pics are from the Detroit Auto Show that my guys try to get to each year. This year they met up with family and had a great time dreaming about their next car!! Yea....well they're probably never going to own one of these, but it's free to dream, right?



My favorite display from the pics they took is the cool green car in the center here which they displayed on an orange track like a HotWheels car...Pretty cool!!

Here are some closeups of the diecuts and embellishments, including my cute little flag. I freehanded it, and think it turned out pretty cute. I popped up the center to give it some life. The sketch used a file tab as a matt behind the main pictures, so I cut this one with my Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and used metallic dots on each side of the tab.

I topped the smaller star with a circle and cut in at an angle towards the center all the way around to give it a spiral lok and added another metallic dot in the center. Like the sketch, I tucked my journaling tag behind one of the photos so as not to detract from the pictures.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!! Have a marvelous week and I hope you are able to work in some time to do what you love. =)

1 comment: