Sunday, April 8, 2012

Baby Girl Shower Decorations - OWLS!!


Hello friends! Happy Easter to each of you. What a great day to celebrate the hope we have in our risen Savior!

I'm excited to share some of the decorating details of the baby shower we hosted for my daughter-in-law a few weeks ago. I'm finally getting around to uploading pictures. These photos are of the details before we put it all together. You'll have to stop by later this week to see how it all came together for the actual shower.

The theme was owls!!! Woot! Can I just say we've all been a little owl crazy ever since. Have I mentioned lately how excited we are that our fist grandbaby will be a girl!!! There has not been a Leonhardt girl since my husband's older sister, over 60 years ago!  

The invitations were pretty simple to make. I used fuschia polka dot textured card stock, and a lighter pink scallop edge along the top. The owl stamp and matching punch is from Stampin Up. I used this stamp and matching punch so much for all of the shower decorations, I was afraid I might wear it out. =) It saved so much time. I love it!! The details for the shower were typed into Word and printed four-up on white paper.

My sweet and helpful hubby helped me make the owl chocolate lollipops which were used as favors and part of the centerpieces on each table. We had light and dark chocolate, white chocolate, and pink...of course! We bought pastel colored eyes and attached them with a few drops of melted chocolate. Aren't they cute?

The centerpieces are tin pails covered with wood grain paper. They had a very earthy organic look. They look better all put together, but I wanted to give you more of the nitty gritty details here. I found some great fuchsia rose trim and used glue dots to attach it around the pails. Inside the pails is a square of burlap with several threads pulled from the outside edges in order to give it a good fringe on all sides.
I purchased some twine balls to place in the pails and push down into the burlap squares. The chocolate owl lollipops will stand up in the center of the balls, poking through the holes in the twine ball. It's a great way to keep the lollipops propped up and evenly spaced. 

The banner was so much fun to make!!! Here it is before being fully decorated. Each piece of the banner is about a foot long. I used store bought doilies on each one to highlight one letter from our future grandbaby's name. Again, you will see the finished product in a later post. I cut out single flowers from the trim used on the centerpiece pails. Later I added a bunch of whimsical felt flowers from Stampin Up. I had all of these things on hand in my stash. I will later remove them from the banner so I can re-use all of the flowers. Yep...I'm cheap likf that. =)

I wanted to surround each of the centerpieces with confetti type flowers and owls, so I got out my punches and got to work.  Picture all of this times abot 20!! =)
 

 Then I made a bunch of cupcake picks using a scalloped circle punch and more stamped and punched owls. I simply taped the toothpick to the back of the cirlce.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!!! Check back later this week and I'll show you how everything looked the day of the shower.


No comments:

Post a Comment