Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Two new double layouts - "Boat Tour" and "Lake Homes"

Happy Tuesday! Oh what a crazy life I live right now. I've really missed my blogging time! I hate when  a week goes by without a post; however, sometimes it just can't be helped.

Today I want to share a few more double layouts that I recently completed of our trip to Lake Placid last September. My hubby and I took a boat tour of Lake Placid on a cute little pontoon boat...It was wonderful! The lake houses were simply amazing and so ridiculously magnificent. I can't even imagine this kind of lifestyle.

I found this lovely paper at a wonderful little gift shop/scrapbook store in the town of Lake Placid. Oh no...I just noticed that the bottom half of my "t" in the title has peeled off. What? How frustrating, to notice that now as I'm posting. =( ...Anyway, the paper was so pretty, that I simply matted the photos in off-white and overlapped them in the center of the layout. StampinUp's decorative label punch was perfect for the journalling.

I matted the 3 wallet size photos together, film strip style, with a little extra on the right. The border stamp is also from StampinUp for just a little extra detail on the page.

Here are the two pages together, so you can see the whole picture of the beautiful mahogany boat. These boats are worth a huge amount of money and we saw plenty of them parked in the boat garages along the edge of the lake.
 

The embellishments on this second layout are also from the cute little scrapbook shop in town. I loved these little brads and stickers! The paper on the left side page wasn't from there; however, and the brand is escaping me. I will try to look that up and add a comment below. The strip down the middle was a bit of an experiment. The paper is folded up and attached with a brad in the center of each fold. I fringed the ends with the Martha Stewart fringing scissors. The title was cut with my Cricut machine, Lyrical Letters cartridge.

On the right side, I used more of the fun paper purchased there in town. There were so many great pictures of this boat tour, the simplest way to scrap as many as possible was to print wallets and lay them out in a grid. This left plenty of space for my strip style journalling and the cute little "HOME" sticker that came with the mystery paper (left side). I love when I find papers and embellishments that all blend, even though, they're not from the same manufacturer. The house embellishment (lower right) was cut with my Cricut machine, Going Places cartridge. How perfect is that? =)

Here's the two pages together. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Hope your weather is as pleasant as ours is today. Wow...I can't wait to get outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment