Saturday, November 5, 2011

Another Rosette Pumpkin

Hello friends! What a beautiful day we've had here in Indiana. The leaves are falling down and the air is fresh and crisp...and I haven't spent any time outside today. LOL! I've been enjoying looking outside while cleaning the house, doing the laundry, paying the bills, and spending time in my crafty space. It's been a great day. My husband has been away all day helping a dear friend with some things around the house, so I've had the day to myself and I've made very good use of it. =) I will admit that doesn't always happen.

The second time around with this pumpkin project from Archivers went soooo much faster. This one is for me and it's sitting on my dining room table right now. I hope I can find the perfect box to store it in so it will be as good as new next fall.

I used striped paper for from We R Memory Keepers, Grandma's Kitchen collection, called "Simple Stripes". I think the best time saver for me was to score all six of the 12 x 12 striped sheets at the 1/2" lines all the way across BEFORE cutting the strips for the rosettes. I was reading some comments on the Archivers site and somebody mentioned scoring it first! Oh my word!!! Why didn't I think of that the first time around. Scoring each strip was quite tedious.

The pumpkin consists of layers of rosettes all stacked up and glued together.

To make the leaves, I stamped the shape of the leaf with VersaMark on olive cardstock. I used bronze embossing powder and heat embossed the leaves, then cut them out and attached them with hot glue.

The curls are made by cutting a 1/8" strip of olive paper and winding it around a pencil. I placed these in a way that they wrapped around the stem. The pumpkin stem is made from three 2 1/2" strips of brown. I fringed one side with Martha Stewart fringe scissors. (If you don't have these yet...they are too fun!) Just keep rolling the strips on top of each other with a dot of hot glue now and then to keep it all together. Attach the stem with hot glue.

I decided to spray it with bronzie Smooch spray just for fun!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!!! Have a fun and crafty weekend.

1 comment: