Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Two double Scrapbook layouts - Vintage Wedding

Hello! Hope you are all doing well today. I'm in upstate New York getting some continuing education credits for my daytime paying job. It sure is beautiful here! We're in Lake Placid in the Adirondacks. Perfect weather. I'm so glad my hubby can be here with me enjoying some time away from the grind.

Today, I have a few more vintage wedding layouts to share with you. I took it upon myself to redo my parents' original wedding album because it was fallling apart. They have now been married 56 years. Quite an accomplishment in this day and age!! They have stuck it out through thick and thin and especially through long term health issues. I love them dearly and am proud of the heritage they have given to me and my family.

So I will admit I missed the mark on this page. =( All the way through on this album, I've been using black for the title, and I didn't do it here....Not sure what I was thinking, but after seeing it here, I will be redoing it in black. It just doesn't pop off th epage the way that it should.

The hearts were cut with my Cricut and the Sweethearts cartridge. The color is just enough darker that it shows up fine. I used the photo matt to journal some details. 

Here are the two pages together. I'm definitely going to fix the title on the left. I guess sometimes you can't see an error until you photograph and post it. LOL!  Also, I think some of the pictures I found were not the best shot. of the two of them. I used some of the better ones previously in their 50th anniversary album. But, I love these shots anyway and they were too good to just let deteriorate and turn yellow. 

Here's another layout of them walking back down the aisle after they became man and wife. Aren't they cute? I used the Stampin Up triple flower punch for all of the flowers on this page. I layered them up and topped each one with a pale blue pearl gemstone. Again, I went back to the black title (yay me!) and cut it with Quarter Note cartridge. I used my Fiskars border punch on some tone on tone patterned blue paper to edge the photograph.

Here they are with their first bite of cake.  

I scattered the flowers from top left diagonally down to the bottom right on this one. I like how it seems to draw the eye across the layout.

Thanks for stopping by today. Enjoy your week! Be sure and leave me a comment. I love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment