Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Simple Card Designs

Hello! I'm back home after our travels last week. I even got all of the laundry done (and folded) already! Now I just need to get my house cleaned.

We've been away from home so much I still haven't had any time to get scrappy! I miss it so much. So, today I'm going to share a few more cards that I made recently. 

In case you are new to my blog, I use a lot of paper scraps for my cards. It's always fun when I find two unrelated scraps that look great together. I'm not sure of the paper line...That's the downside to using scraps, I guess.

The design is easy, dividing the card into four equal pieces with a thin space around and between each piece, rounding all of the corners. The sentiment is StampinUp! I used the SU scalloped punch around the sentiment and again to matt it in dark brown, offsetting it from the stamped layer. Then, I cut a larger scalloped circle with Cricut Accent Essentials.

Again, nothing fancy here. These are simple cards, with no embossing or special techniques. I like fancy techniques, but no time for that lately. I used the same paper, and the same sentiment. I punched a small hole in top and bottom of the sentiment and threaded the ribbon through it....easy!
Thanks for looking! Hope to be back with some fun scrappy layouts sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment