Saturday, July 16, 2011

"Bubbles" and "Smitten"

When I look through scrapbooking magazines and blogs, I am usually drawn to those featuring photographs of sweet babies sleepng cutely or toddlers with messy faces...Since my boys are 6'4" men now, it's tough to to have pictures that make you say "awwwww". I know, some day we'll have grandchildren that I can go crazy scrapping, and i'm not necessarily in any hurry for that. =)

However, last fall our nephew and his wife had their first baby in Texas, making us Great Aunt and Uncle. Because of the distance, we weren't able to meet the little guy in person until Mother's Day. It was a long wait, but boy is he a cutie pie! Of course, the cameras were flashing all weekend! I just have to share a couple of these with you today.

First up, is the layout titled "Bubbles". Ethan loves "making raspberries" and blowing bubbles. Yep, those are my boys laying on the floor with him under the jungle gym joining in the fun!

 I cut the title with my Cricut, of course, (Nate's ABC's) and anchored the corners of the first letter with butttons. The little Kraft tags expand on the title (Ethan makes bubbles). I threaded some of the buttons and wrapped  Baker's twine around the "e" and through the larger button. I used a layer of laser cut paper with some of the circles punched out randomly. Lots of the buttons, circles, and even the rounded letters help enforce the bubbles theme.

 On the right side I added a another strip of the laser cut paper. I left many of the punched circles in tact to provide a place for journalling. The cardstock used here is Coredinations and the patterned paper is DejaView. The caterpillar is also from Nate's ABC's. The mini puff ball ribbon added a lot of texture and outlined the half circle. I added a little journalling around the bottom edge of the circle and a few more buttons. I don't think it's possible to use too many buttons. =)

The second layout is "Smitten". The pictures are of me and my son, Jacob, holding Ethan. He was getting tired, and it was so enjoyable holding him while he dozed off.

Bazzill cardstock, Little Yellow Bicycle "Blue Lion", and K.I. Memories "It's a Boy Zoo" came together nicely to set off these precious pictures.The close up of Ethan is double matted and wrapped with some ribbon that I had in my stash. The Fiskar's border punch is a nice addition for a baby page. I used it along the strip of animal paper. This paper had a bit of a shine too it...much prettier in person than in the photograph of the layout.  

The half circle of patterned paper made a nice layer under the edge of the title cut with the Sweetheart Cricut cartridge. I used a small peach brad in the center of the heart to dot the "i". The lion cub is from Nate's ABC's cartridge.  Isn't the bottom right picture just adorable? Awwwww..... 

Thanks again for stopping by today. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment