Saturday, June 18, 2011

"School Days" scrapbook layout

Hope you're all enjoying a wonderful weekend. Today is my son's graduation open house. I'm probably running around like a crazy person right now, so thankfully I scheduled this post in advance!

Today, I'm sharing a recent layout that I completed showing my son from Kindergarten through his Senior year. The intentions were to include only pictures taken on his first day of school. We actually did take their picture every first day of school. However, we had a killer computer virus last fall and lost several years of pictures, so I had to make due. The moral of the story is ALWAYS back up your digital photos!

Here's a closer view of the left page. It's so funny to look at these. Jacob (the blonde) typically has a smile on his 1st day of school photos. However, Joel, usually looks much less than excited. There wasn't a whole lot of room for embellishments, so I simply cut out a bunch of apples with my Cricut, inked them up on the edges and used a number sticker to identify the year. You can see a little bit of the background stamping I did with white ink to give it a more distressed look. The penmanship stamp is from Glitz Design and the texture stamp is StampinUp!

I cut a tree and used my scallop punch to create bunches of leaves in the tree top. The tree bark look was created with VersaMark on Kraft paper and the same StampinUp! texture stamp. Oh....make sure you take a close look at grade 10! Don't you love the super long hair? I didn't actually mind it at the time, but I much prefer the short clean cut look they have now.


Here's a little closer view.


Have a great weekend and thanks again for stopping by my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment