Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"New Life"

Hello! We all survived my son's graduation open house..Whew! It was a great party, even though we had torrential rain for about 20 minutes. I am so thankful we rented the tent and borrowed a couple of canopies. We are still eating meatballs and pasta salad. =) It was so fun to have my son's albums DONE in time for the party! Everybody enjoyed looking through them.

Today, I want to share a special layout of my son's baptism earlier this year. He had just gotten his hair cut  and shaved off his beard for the musical he was going to be in. What a baby face!

Here's the left side of my layout. I love the scalloped circle banner. It was stinkin' easy using my punch and folding them over the twine. I cut the bracket mat out of a 12 x 12 sheet of SU paper from the Sweet Pea collection and journalled around the inside edge. The heart that dots the "i" is cut from a sheer piece of red ribbon. 

Here's the right side. I used the other half of the bracket mat on striped paper from the same collection. I matted everything with the bright yellow to perk it up a litlte bit. I included a series of pictures of Jacob coming back up out of the water. My son is so tall, the youth pastor had a bit of a challenge pulling him up. =) I also included some hidden journalling on a tag inside a little envelope wrapped with twine (Tags & Bags Cricut cartridge) and tucked it under the strip of pictures. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Have a wonderful week!

1 comment: