Friday, June 24, 2011

"Enjoy Life" summer layout

Ah....the weekend, finally! Hello Friday!

Today, I want to share a fresh summer layout of our vacation last year. I added it to my son's album just last week before his party. I've scrapped some of these pictures for our family album, but Jacob wanted last summer represented in his album too. I love that he cares!

 I love the bright green cardstock and the way it makes the pictures pop. I also matted each photo on white for even more definition. The patterned paper is from the Teen Angst collection. It has a little shiny stripe in it. I've had this orange felt "laugh" sticker in my stash for probably close to a year! So fun to finally use it! The circular stamps were purchased on the clearance rack at Michaels. This was the first I'd used them, but so perfect for the layout. Also cool that my scrappy friend had a circle punch the perfect size to punch them out! I love it when that happens!
 I used the Notebook punch to put a little detail on the edge of the strip going across the middle. I cut the sun with my Cricut and layered it on another patterned paper cirlce behind the title (Graphically Speaking). Again, I used some smaller wallet pictures in order to pack them in (11 pics) and still have the space to get a little creative.

Here's a closeup of the journallng and layering. I mounted the "Be You" stamped cirlce onto a larger patterned paper cirlce and fringed the edge all the way around. It turned out kind of cool!

Thanks for looking! Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment