Friday, June 10, 2011

"Music Lover" layout

Are you ready for your weekend? I most definitely am!

Today I'd like to share a layout that I created for my son's album. I've mentioned previously that he had to go to a new school this year, as a senior. It's actually worked out quite well for him. He and his friends from his old school planned a chapel service for his new school. It was a great opportunity for some fun shots of him with his old friends. The've performed together qiute often, so it was almost like old times!

Here's the left side. The paper was all from my stash of scraps, except the base which is Basic Grey charts and graph stack. The title was cut as one piece with "Quarter Note" Cricut cartridge, along with the flourish.

I used Fiskars notebook border punch along the sheet music paper at the bottom. Both layers of the heart were cut freehand, as well as the little tiny heart, then I tucked them behind the title. I pumped it up a little with foam adhesive. 

Here's the right side of my layout showing the kids hamming it up for the camera afterward. FYI...both my boys participated. My oldest married son, Joel, is in the bottom right corner of the group, and my youngest son, Jacob, who is the senior this year, is in the upper left corner of the group shots.

Here's a close-up of the guitar and the little musical notes, also from "Quarter Note" cartridge. Love!!

The interesting thing about this layout is that I thought it was done prior to putting on all of the little musical notes. It just seemed like it was missing something until I added them several days later.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Have a lovely weekend and enjoy your family!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie--I couldn't find your follower box.
    I love your layout; my boys both play violin, so I made a music page earlier (but it's not as sophisticated as yours)
    Super happy to find your blog!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew of Getting Cricky!
    www.gettingcricky.com

    ReplyDelete