Thursday, January 6, 2011

My D.I.Y Guy

Wow! Posting two days in a row here. =)

Thought I'd share this layout on my own blog since it was posted today on Multi-photo Scrapbooking blog!! I love this blog because they feature multi-picture layouts from scrappers who want to upload and share their work. Check them out, be inspired, and think about participating in some of their challenges.

So here is one of my favorite layouts that I have been saving for the right moment! I love it because it features my one and only husband who has worked so hard on our little house over the past 20 years. We (meaning "he") only have a few more things to do and then we will sell it and try to find something just a little bit bigger...I need a scrap room! LOL!

Left side shares a 20 year olf photo (left) of him working on nursery for Joel which was our first project, and the picture on the right was taken this summer working on exterior painting.

Right side is here. I should have grabbed a picture of the dining room because he totally renovated that as well. It's a beautiful gold color with wainscoating and lots of beautiful white woodworking. I know...How could I forget that, right? I'll have to point it out in a future layout. 

Here they are together (Recipe below) 

My DIY Guy turns 50 years old next week!!! Happy Birthday "Old Man"!!! I love you more than ever!

Recipe:
Sketch:  Left side from Page Maps; Right side is my own
Paper:  Die Cuts With a View black cardstock, Tim Holz antique measurig tapes
Accents:  Srew top brads, machine stitching, "Strength" definition done in various fonts on word processor, Photos in little houses cut with square CM punch, Roofs same square punch, but cut the square diagonally into triangles, faux stitching on roof tops done with black fine tip marker, DIY title cut from sheet of cork using Cricut, and journalling with label maker

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful preservation of memories! I love your now and then photos...and you'll love having all the documantation of your renos---especially after you leave them behind. Thanks so much for sharing! karelj http://karelj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete