Thursday, January 27, 2011

A few easy cards

It's snowing again here in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The snow is very pretty and starting to accumulate and add to the few inches already on the ground. January is almost over already, so spring can't be too far away now. The older I get, the less I enjoy the cold, frozen tundra at this time of year.

A few weeks ago, I put a couple of cards together one evening. Since I haven't had much scrappy time lately, the cards are a nice little crafty "fix" for me. Thought I'd share these with you today.

First card is a Sympathy card. The image and sentiment stamps are both SU, and I used the Tim Holtz "Woodgrain" texture fade embossing folder. I am on a major TH embossing folder craze right now! He has some additional new folders coming out in a few months. I have almost every one of them and can't wait to buy the new ones! The designs are great and they make such a nice deep impression. I like the way the olive velvet ribbon ties it all together.


The second card is a baby card for some friends. The sentiment stamp is SU, and the image is from an acrylic set that has all kinds of images pertaining to babies. If somebody wants to know the brand, I can find it for you. I used an eyelet border punch on striped paper for another layer of color. The nifty striped canvas ribbon topped it off nicely attached with a staples.

I am super excited for tomorrow night! I'll be scrapping with some friends all Friday evening, and again all day on Saturday. Can't wait to share it all with you here later. ENJOY your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment