Friday, November 19, 2010

Gimme Smores

It's Friday...Yay! Nothing especially fun planned for the weekend, because I need to get some things done around the house. It will be fun just getting some things done, right? I hope you all have a productive/fun weekend planned as well.

I'm excited to show you my "Gimme Sores" layout because it's a little bit whimsy and just FUN! It's another set of pictures from our Lake Michigan vacation this summer. We had 2 or 3 camp fires while we were there and, of course, smores are a must!! It was actually quite chilly in the evenings so the warmth of the fire was almost as inviting as the sweet melty chocolate of the smores.

Most of the papers in this layout are Bo Bunny "Roughin It" collection. I actually hand cut the left bracket from the brown circled paper. I wanted it to be the same length as the pictures.

Right page....I sliced a piece from a large bracket page mat that looked kind of like melting choclate and used my white gel pen for the journalling. Lovin the fringy green ribbon.

Details.....Note the die cut hand and marshmallow roasting over the fire. It even had a little whisp of smoke to go with it. These are from Cricut "Block Party" cartridge. Lots of fun images and lots of layers. Ipopped it up with a foam square. It went perfectly with the smores that were on the side of the paper.

Here they are together. I had a lot of fun and it's always great when I can feature my hubs on a page.

Make it a fabulous weekend! See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment