Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Dune Rides" - Summer vacation

Here's a really simple layout of our trip to MacDunes this summer. It's very simple because there is not a lot of matting or fussyness to it, but the metallic blue background kind of makes it all pop. The sketch is mine. Sometime I'm going to draw out the sketches that are my own and put them here on the blog. I just haven't figured out the best way to draw them out yet. I like to run my pictures off the top of the page and use a similar color for the background paper. It seems to make the subjects in the picture look just a little bit 3D.

The left side....You'll see us in the back row....me, Jacob, Cindy, and Joel. Always pick the back, it's the most fun and you kind of fly out of your seat! You can see Jacob with his mouth wide open in the bottom right picture....LOL!

The right side.... Here I matted and added twine around the focal picture. The sun border is from Life is a Beach Cricut cartridge. I inked the edges with red to really make it look hot and give it more definition.

Here's both pages together so you can see the flow of it. Enjoy and thanks for following my blog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment