Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Girly birthday cards

Happy Wednesday! Where is the week and the year going? Sorry for the delay in posting anything new. It's been crazy, but I have a few cards to show you today.

This first card is for my Mom's birthday. It was a quicky. I actually had the bird and the cage on hand in my stash. They were an Archiver's make and take several months back. My Mom loves birds so I was saving it for her. The sentiment, patterned paper, and punch is from Stampin Up. I decorated the inside with a little strip of the same patterned paper.
This card is one for my BSBFF (best scrap booking friend forever) LOL! She is my stamping mentor (Don't look too close!) and the Queen of Color when we scrap together. The two bottom layers of the flower are punched with SU flower punch and the top layer is the heart flower from Sweethearts Cricut cartridge. I loved the "J" brad. I had the whole alphabet of these silver brads given to me as a birthday gift recently. Thanks, Dina!! I used the same SU punch shown on above card as the bottom turquoise layer under the sentiment here. I also used the bracket border punch along the edges with a little bit of inking for definition.
Thanks for looking! Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment