Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Baseball - 2 double layouts

My son, Jacob, played baseball for the first time this year. He didn't get a lot of playing time, but he was happy to be on the team and with his friends. Keystone was such a small school and a lot like a family in so many ways.

This layout includes some random photos taken during the season. It shows some pitching sequences too. I embellished it with a handsewn mitt cut from the Sports Mania Cricut cartridge. I hand-stitched along the pocket of the glove with embroidery floss and I was pretty happy with the way it turned out. I also used some distress ink to get it the color I wanted. (Double click on the photos to enlarge.)
This one is my favorite of the two baseball layouts. Most of the random shots are from the end of the season baseball picnic at the coaches house. Of course, the kids are being silly and that why I love it! The other side features the individual and team professional photos. I cut the 8 x 10 size memory mate photo in half so I could put the title in the middle. I drew attention to my favorite photos with the red matting.
Here's a close up of my faux stitching down the right hand side. I used the piercing tool and then a pen to draw the fake stitching between the holes.

I used real stitches to stitch up the tear on the upper left. This page is just so symbolic to me. I've mentioned on the blog before that the school closed due to lack of financing and it just tore everybody up and left a hole in our hearts....hence the stitching. We tried really hard and raised a lot of money, but it just wasn't enough....

Enjoy and be inspired to scrap your memories too!

No comments:

Post a Comment