Friday, August 20, 2010

Basketball layout using a found item

Here is a layout that I almost forgot to share. The pictures were taken back in May and June. Why does that seem so long ago? Jacob was playing in an off season league and he was pretty amazing!

The cool thing about this layout is that I was determined to use the little washers that my husband had left laying on the counter. I asked him several months ago if he needed them. He, of course, wondered what I would want with them. =) I mean really what is a washer for anyway? When I told him it was going to go on a scrapbook page some day, he just laughed at me.

So here it is. I am happy with the way it turned out. I used a bit of smooch spray on the title section to tie in the metal look. I used a border punch to create the edge on my journaling block. I cut the red rick rack with my Cricut machine and used the ribbon to attach the washers. The caption on each picture was done with my new label maker using the clear tape. I love the label maker! Great for captions and journaling!


Have a great weekend! My boys turn 18 and 20 this Sunday. Yes, they share the same birthday. Isn't that awesome? They were just babies yesterday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment