Monday, July 19, 2010

Seattle - Space Needle

This is a layout that I did back in March, but have never posted until now. I guess it's because I don't love it. I did it at a crop I hosted where there were some ladies who were learning to scrapbook. I was answering a lot of questions and was never able to really get my creativity moving that day. Anyway, here it is. I hope you enjoy it.

The photos are from April 2009 when I accompanied my hubs to a business conference with another couple from work. We had a great time. I shopped while he attended seminars. =) Not a bad deal, except Seattle held true to its reputation and was a bit gloomy and rainy for most of the week. I'd love to go back again some day!

I think my favorite part of the layout is the paper...lovely and whimsical. The flower accents were cut with my Cricut. I believe the cartrudge was Accent Essentials. The flowers were cut in a series of rings which I alternated with the same paper on the layout and vellum, then doodled around them to help them sand out more. The title and portrait corners were done with Coredinations paper and was distressed a bit with sandpaper.

I will be posting some new cards later this week, so please check back and have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment