Thursday, July 15, 2010

All about Jacob

Wow...Where has this week gone? It's clouding up outside and getting ready to pour. Taking a minute or two to share another new layout with you.

I've scrapped these pictures before for Jacob's scrapbook; however, I wanted them in our family book too. We took Jacob to get his pictures taken back in the fall of 2008. He actually had a little fun and I think they turned out so well. The hair....well the hair was a few styles ago (thankfully)....never a favorite of mine, but still scrapworthy!!!
The pictures were printed with the brushed white edges and I'd planned ahead enough to know that all of these would be together on a layout. I used a distressed khaki paper and went to town cutting out circles from the patterned paper. It didn't seem done, so a few days later, I stapled on the striped ribbon at the bottom and it helped a lot to ground it. Then I had the urge to doodle around the edges of the page. I have a plastic ruler that has a cut out to follow to draw a line and a small circle. It's all kind of random, but I am really happy with it now. There is also doodling around the outline of the Fiskar's bracket punch.

Enjoy and thanks for looking! Have a great evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment