Saturday, July 10, 2010

"L" is for Leonhardt

Sorry for the long time since posting. Life has been very hectic getting back to work after vacation, helping with youth group at church, making programs, helping with wedding details, and many other things that I won't bore you with yet.

Do you remember the "L" I mentioned in my last post and promised to get a better picture for you? Well I finally got to do all of the picture uploading and organizing and thought I'd quick post it for you.
I bought the cardboard "L" at JoAnn's. My sweet hubs spray painted it black for me. The pictures were printed in black and white on regular paper so that it would be flexible. I basically just tore out the pictures into the right shape and did a dry layout on the letter. I also ripped up some black and white patterned paper to fill in between pictures. Once the placement looked right, I used ModPodge to glue them down onto the letter.
When everything was glued down, I covered the entire letter with 3 coats of hard coat ModPodge and let it dry for several hours.
It had quite a bit of drying time because it was packed in my car the entire week of our vacation so it hardened up nicely.
The gift was for my future daughter-in-law's shower in Michigan with all of our Michigan relatives. Joel and Cindy really liked it! They are having fun decorating their future home together. (See previous posts for pictures of the shower.)

Enjoy and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment