Sunday, March 5, 2023

Beam Signing - Two Page Scrapbook Layout

 This is probably one of the most unique layouts I've done. A little background is necessary...Before the lock down the company we work for was in the midst of a huge building expansion project. Each time we've added onto our building, they've had an official beam signing ceremony where all employees are invited to sign the main cross beam for all posterity. Kind of fun! Normally, we would have all been there together signing it, and eating ice cream outside together in celebration. Then Covid entered the scene, so the greater majority of us were all working from home. My husband and I made a trip to the office to sign the beam and check out the progress on the building as the sun was going down. It was fun to see so many of my coworker's names, even though we didn't get to see them in person.

You will probably have to click on the pic to see all the names. Kind of a cool to be part of this, even under these circumstances. I now work in this new building and I have a window view. :) I love that.
The title, crane, safety cones, etc were made with my Cricut. The intricate cut of the crane came out pretty clean, thankfully. I added some paper strips and chipboard ephemera from the Covid paper pack that I had from the other layouts. It is a fun memory during the weird lockdown period.
The top pic on the left next to the title shows the view of the construction from the highway on the way home, showing the size of the addition!

Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy your week.





No comments:

Post a Comment