Saturday, July 30, 2022

Toes in the Sand - Two Page Family Beach Layout

 Here's another layout from our extended family gathering in Holland, MI, 2018. The west coast of Michigan is one of our favorite places!! We can get up there in 3-5 hours depending how far north we go. It's beautiful any time of year. The beach town options are endless! The more I talk about it, I want to pack up and go right now, but we still need to work for a living. 😄

This layout features us hanging out with my husband's siblings and spouses. We have the best time together!!!!!! It feels like we never have enough time together, even if we are just sitting around chatting and catching up. We don't have to be some place beautiful or glamorous to enjoy being together! 

We're old so we usually have to do several takes before we get a good group selfie, especially with the wind blowing. It makes it all the more fun and memorable!

The cute Kraft paper banner is one that I had in my stash, but I failed to write down the brand. I thought it looked nautical and played off the distressed paper from WeRMemory Keepers and the wavy American Crafts strip. One is very distressed and the other is quite clean and crisp, but I like they play play nicely together.  I used a journaling stamp and punched it out with a larger circle punch.
As I look at this page, there are a few things I would have done differently. I'm my own worst critic, but I have learned a few things in the last 4 years. My main regret is that the layout feels a bit unbalanced. I think another strip of paper under the pics on the right would help.
Hope you are all having a great week! I will be posting several more lake MI layouts so come back and see me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment